Thursday 8 April 2010

goodbye, my almost lover.

A person can attempt to sum up years of your life in 4.33 minutes.

This post is dedicated to the ghost I can finally put to rest. My days of being silently and secretly afraid for you have come to a close. For a very long time, I was afraid that I failed you - pushed and ran when I should have pulled and held. For 4.33 minutes, every single day, I was scared I'd made a mistake; not for myself, but for you, because that 4.33 minutes was soft and beautiful, begging and broken, frantic and frenetic and I could never understand why it made me feel like such a villain.

I could never understand why that 4.33 minutes haunted me like a shadow.

Our perceptions were always different. This one, however, will never reach your ears.

No matter how earth-shatteringly wonderful it feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment